November 8, 2016

California Dreamin'



One of the best perks of where we live is that Greece is just a few hours' drive away. We just need a car and a couple of free days. This year we visited it twice - once in June, when we chose Possidi as our destination, while the second time we ended in Kavala just like the year before that. And even though the weather wasn't at its best this time around we somehow managed to enjoy it to the maximum. I know I probably sound like a broken record, but we simply could live in Kavala for the rest of our lives, that's how much we love it.


Apart from the gloomy sky, the temperature was perfect. Finally I was able to wear my most favourite, comfortable and flattering summer dress in combination with this perfectly customized denim jacket, which adds a little bit of edginess to the whole outfit while still being chic and girly.


At first I wasn't sure about this dress even though I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. The main reason for that is that I'm quite short and have always thought that long dresses make me look even shorter. It turns out that this doesn't have to be true every time if you manage to find the right one. There are so many different models out there with their own uniqueness. This particular one fascinated me with its bold print, delicate fabric and flattering cut.


In the end we didn't have the vacation we had planned, but sometimes no plans are the best plans because there are no expectations and you’re more open to jump at an experience you would have otherwise passed on. Or better yet, instead of trying to fit everything in, you just sit back, don’t rush and take your time. That’s exactly what we did and what I’m trying to practice more of. Instead of always trying to be in a rush to do so many things, I want to just focus on having good time and actually enjoy myself.

 Denim jacket - H&M / Dress - H&M / Sandals - H&M / Watch - Daniel Wellington
SHARE:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig